In my zeal to keep stories in the mail, lest dejection set in (20 rejections since December) I accidentally submitted one of my best flash fiction pieces to two markets, neither of which accepts simultaneous subs. Now I’m trying to decide whether it’s going to cause the editors more grief for me to inform them of my goof now, or wait until one of them accepts the story. In the first case I risk alienating folks at one of the markets. In the second I risk being blacklisted by one market should the other accept the story.
Given my recent track record (a flurry of rejections with no end in sight) I think I’ll just wait it out. Chances are that both markets will reject the story anyway. On the plus side, I’m sending rejected stories right back out for the first time in my life. I still tweak them if I get comments or see a problem, but the days of rewriting after every rejection may be over. Time to spend that effort on new stories.